GO BACK TO THE FUTURE

I know: That I am inspired by a lot of things from my childhood. I used to love to read comic books. I loved Archie and that whole gang, Katy Keene, and of course like any normal girl with a bunch of brothers, X-men, Excalibur, Daredevil and Spiderman. A few years ago I wanted to design a whole collection based on the clothing of Betty and Veronika with my sister Bega. 

We tried to get it going and it was a lot hard work and fun, but we ended up having issues with licensing. Boring boring boring... But then last week I was looking at those old comics and loving them so. What style those girls had! so I decided to do a photo-shoot based on B and V. 



 Betty is poor, Veronika is rich, but they are both super cool and stylish and they are best frenemies because they are both in love with the same boy, Archie. I thought it would be cool to have a blonde and a brunette model and dress them in almost the same outfits, but style them differently. Veronika would be more put together and wealthy looking, while Betty was the more bohemian, funky version. The photographer Aria Isadora had the idea of doing poses that were almost symmetrical or even the exact same poses as each other like these:



The hair stylist Carolyn Riley and makeup artist Laura Stiassni had the idea for hair and makeup to do a contemporary version of a fifties style ponytail and bright almost cartoony makeup. 




Here are some pics from the shoot. More to come when they are all edited.