MODERN FAMILIES

I know: That my whole idea of family has changed drastically in the past three years with the death of my father and my divorce and the fact that I am now technically a "grown-up." I am 33 years old and have a 5 year old child and an apartment. I have seen most of my friends grow up and pop out babies and/or get married and/or divorced and/or remarried and/or have boyfriends and/or become successful, and/or famous and/or stay single and have kids etc... The idea of a family isn't a "Mom and Dad and a Baby makes three." In this day and age of "the future" there are families made up of two dads, and moms with boyfriends who have their own kids all living together, or tons of single parents raising kids on their own by choice or not. 
        It is an interesting phenomenon to grow up imagining an idea of family based on Disney movies, and fairy tale books and then to realize that love is nothing like that and when you grow up you don't turn into someone else who wears a suit and tie, or has a matching duvet and curtain set. I am still me, and my friends are still the same cool stylish exciting weirdos. But now they have kids. My friend and super talented professional photographer and mother Erin Patrice O'brien  had the brilliant idea to do a photo shoot highlighting this phenomenon. We wanted to show that you can be broke, rich, stylish, gay, straight, single, famous, domestic partners, etc... and still be a family. Jam Magazine is interviewing the families that we chose and I will post the pics from our "Modern Family" shoot when they are published. Until then here is a sneak peak.